Understanding the basics of your industrial pump systems can provide you with added insights into the functions performed by these devices. Working with a qualified and knowledgeable Houston pump repair company is a good first step toward maintaining these systems for optimal performance. There are a few basics of industrial pumps that are beneficial for your company’s understanding.
Types of Industrial Pumps
Most industrial pumps fall into one of two categories:
- Displacement pumps are designed to deliver a specific amount of water during every cycle of the pump.
- Centrifugal pumps use a spinning or rotating motion to build up pressure. This forces water through the pump and out of the discharge pipe.
These pumps are used in a wide range of industrial applications and keeps materials moving in water treatment facilities. Most mechanical pumps are designed to be submersible, allowing them to be used safely in water processing plants.
Positive displacement pumps are available in a wide range of configurations:
- Reciprocating displacement pumps include plunger pumps, piston pumps and diaphragm pumping systems. These pumps include moving parts that oscillate. This creates areas of higher and lower pressure within the pump, and then propels water inside the inlet and out the discharge pipe.
- Rotary-type positive displacement pumps may include screw, shuttle block or internal gear pumps.
- Rope pumps and chain pumps are categorized as linear-type positive displacement pumps.
These pumps are designed to provide even and steady flow at relatively low rates of delivery.
Centrifugal pumps use impellers and rotary power to transfer water under pressure from one side of the pump to the other. These are the most commonly used types of industrial pumps and are available in several different types. Pumps include self-priming pumps, booster pumps, well pumps and axial flow pumps. These systems are ideally suited for use as submersible pumps and deliver reliable high flow rates without fluctuations and pulses. Your Houston pump maintenance and repair company provides you with expert recommendations on the best replacement pumps and options for your industrial needs.
At Elite Pumps & Mechanical Services, LLC, we offer Houston water pump service and repair to help your company manage your industrial pump repair requirements more easily. Our team of expert technicians provides you with Houston pump repair services to suit your needs. If you need ongoing maintenance or one-time repairs, give us a call today at 281-506-7390 for routine maintenance appointments. Need an emergency repair? Call 832-774-0939 to schedule an emergency repair available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Elite Pumps & Mechanical Services is here to serve all your water pump repair and maintenance needs.