Water treatment plants perform an essential function for the communities they serve. Making sure that these facilities operate at maximum efficiency without unexpected downtime can provide added protection for the environment and the most practical solutions for small towns and large cities alike. Companies that offer Houston industrial pump services can maintain and provide replacement parts for water treatment systems to ensure that industrial pumps continue to function properly. Here are some of the most common types of industrial pumps found in water treatment facilities in our area.
Positive Displacement Pumps
Positive displacement pumps are designed to enclose and then force out a specific amount of fluid into a discharge pipe. These pumps are available in a wide range of configurations, including the following:
- Diaphragm pumps use air or hydraulic fluid in a pressurized environment to force wastewater to move in a specific direction through a water treatment plant when the diaphragm is open and to stop flow when the diaphragm is closed.
- Gear pumps displace fluid by means of turning gears that create suction to take in wastewater on one side of the pump and force it out on the other side.
- Lobe pumps offer superior control over the flow of fluids and work by pushing wastewater in a controlled way and in a single direction.
Making sure that positive displacement pumps are properly maintained and serviced can ensure the greatest longevity for these systems.
Dynamic Displacement Pumps
Your Houston industrial pump repair company can also service dynamic displacement pumps to ensure the best performance and reliability for these systems. Two of the most common types of dynamic displacement pump assemblies include centrifugal and submersible pumps:
- Centrifugal pumps spin at high speeds to force wastewater out of the pump and into the discharge pipes or areas within the facility. These pumps are relatively simple and easy to maintain and operate.
- Submersible pumps are generally used to assist in draining away fluids in wastewater treatment plants. They are placed directly in the water or the slurry to provide added pumping power for removing fluids from a particular area.
At Elite Pumps & Mechanical Services, we offer Houston water pump service and repair options that work to keep water treatment plants functioning at peak efficiency. Our skilled and knowledgeable technicians can provide you with the most practical and cost-effective maintenance and repair services for your industrial pipes and motors. We can provide emergency services available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Give us a call today at 281-506-7390 to discuss your needs with our expert technicians. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you.